1,542 baptisms at Jarrow St. Paul covering 1831-1835, 1843-1846, and 1848-1852, from the Bishop’s Transcript. We will get those gaps filled in from the parish register at the record office as soon as possible, probably in the next month or so.
Here are some fathers with unusual first names:
- 7 Aug 1833 Jane Elizabeth Atkinson, of Hedworth, daughter of Smart Atkinson (farmer) & Mary
- 7 Sep 1851 Thomas Cook, of East Howden, son of Friend Cook (waterman) & Caroline
- 17 Jun 1832 Elizabeth Robson, of Hebburn Colliery, daughter of Greener Robson (collier) & Isabella
256 burials for 1831-1835 at Jarrow St Paul, from the Bishop’s Transcript:
- 4 Jul 1833 Ann Tweedy Turner, of Jarrow Row, age: 3 months
- 30 Sep 1834 Peter Wilson, of Dingwell, Scotland, age: 43, died of Cholera in the schooner Seaforth lying in the River Tyne