Shildon baptisms 1834-1846

1,090 baptisms at Shildon St. John for 1834-1846, from the parish register. Shildon parish was carved out of Auckland St. Andrew in September 1834 and abodes listed included¬†Brusselton, Chapel Row, Cobbler’s Hall, Darlington, East Thickley, Eldon, Fyland’s Bridge, Middridge, New Shildon, Old Shildon, Railway Terrace, Sedgefield, Soho (New Shildon), and Wackerfield.

  • 7 Dec 1834 Thomas Smirk, of New Shildon, son of Washington Smirk (blacksmith) & Mary
  • 17 Apr 1846 Herbert George Mant, of Shildon, child of Richard Mant (curate of Shildon) & Jane Emily Mant