516 baptisms and 274 burials at Cockfield St. Mary in Teesdale district, covering 1838-1849 plus 1867, from the Bishop’s Transcript. Abodes mentioned besides Cockfield include Burnt Houses, Butterknowle, Copley, Esperley Lane (which was called Esperby Lane in most of these records), Evenwood, Lynesack & Softly, Mount Slowly, Oaks, Raby, Southside, Toft Hill, White Cake Row, and Woodland or Woodlands. We now have continuous baptisms and burials at Cockfield for 1813-1849.
- baptized 14 Jan 1838 Rebecca Raine, of Cockfield, born 6 May 1836, daughter of Isaac Raine (tailor) & Eleanor
- baptized 26 Aug 1843 Stansfield Dixon, of Cockfield Saw Works, son of Michael Dixon (brakesman) & Elizabeth
- baptized 23 Dec 1849 Matthew Moses Maugham, of Cockfield, son of George Maugham (pitman) & Mary
- buried 22 Jun 1838 Mary James, of Lynesack & Softly, age: 80
- buried 11 Apr 1844 Mary Brownbridge, of Gaunless Mill, age: 66
- buried 16 Jun 1849 Daniel Teasdale, of Cockfield, age: 69