621 baptisms at Grindon St. James the Greater in Stockton district. Residences mentioned include Blue Stone Mill, Bottle Hill, Briarly, Cuddy’s Castle, Fulthorp, Grindon, Moor House, Sheep Dean, Thorpe, Thorpe Leazes, Whitton, Whitton Tree Gates, Winyard/Wynyard, and Woodside. These are from the Bishop’s Transcript, except the following, which are from the parish register: 1762-69, 1796, 1799, Apr 1806, 1809, Jan-Jul 1812, 1828-29, and 1834.
- 30 Aug 1763 Anne Lax, daughter of John Lax & Rebecca
- 29 Dec 1797 Richard Hewitt, of Sheep-Dean, son of Thomas Hewitt & Dorothy
- 29 Apr 1798 William Unthank, born 24 Apr 1798, 3rd son of William Unthank (farmer, native of Billingham) by his wife Elizabeth Hall (native of the parish of Stockton)
- 13 Jan 1812 Mary Ann Dent, of Whitton, born 10 Jan 1810, 2nd daughter of Robert Dent (gentleman, native of Sedgefield parish) & Margaret Wade (his wife, native of Howden Hill in Manfield parish, Yorkshire)
- 25 Feb 1814 William Stonehouse, of Thorp, son of John Stonehouse (farmer) & Dorothy
- 12 May 1833 Ann Dalziel, of Wynyard, born 16 Apr 1833, daughter of George Dalziel (gardener to the Marquis of Londonderry) & Martha
Burials for the same period will come in about a week, weather permitting!