1,353 burials at Sunderland Holy Trinity covering 1857 to 31 May 1858. This burial register included relationships and descriptions long after they were no longer required. Some samples:
- 2 Jan 1857 Ann Mugford, of Upper Nile Street, age: 50, died 30 Dec 1856, wife of John Mugford (mariner)
- 30 Jul 1857 William Gripton, age: 20, mariner, native of Staffordshire, his death was caused by a fall from a ships mast in the South Dock
- 29 Oct 1857 Thomas Haley, of Union Lane, age: 12, died 27 Oct 1857, son of Bartholomew Haley (labourer), accidently killed on the railway
- 4 Dec 1857 Jane Linklater, of Nile St, Bishopwearmouth, age: 75, died 2 Dec 1857, widow of James Linklater (mariner)
- 13 Dec 1857 Sarah Eleanor Trenholm, of 8 Adelaide Place, Bishopwearmouth, age: 5 months, died 8 Dec 1857, daughter of William Trenholm (shipwright)
- 31 May 1858 Michael Sweeney, of 18 Union Lane, age: 17, died 29 May 1858, mason’s labourer
After this, all burials were at Sunderland Cemetery and are recorded in that register (which we also have online).