11,542 burials at Oxbridge Lane Cemetery in Stockton-on-Tees in Stockton district, from the cemetery’s opening in 1871 to the end of 1903. This is just the section of the cemetery that was consecrated by the local Bishop of the Church of England. We will follow up with the unconsecrated or non-Anglican burials later.
Some burials, especially in the earlier years, have useful descriptions. Samples:
- 11 Apr 1871 Robert Craggs, of 2 Paradise Road, age: 71, justice of the Peace, merchant
- 27 Sep 1876 John Moon, of Crosby Terrace, age: 47, innkeeper
- 21 Nov 1880 William Fenwick, of Sydney Street, age: 77, coal merchant
- 5 Aug 1895 Edward J. Lawson, of [no abode stated], age: 23, body found
- 4 Jul 1898 Jane Spence, of [no abode stated], age: 35, died at the Hospital
- 8 Dec 1903 Joseph Hauxwell, of Tees Bridge, age: 83