266 baptisms and 367 burials at Ebchester St. Ebba in Lanchester district covering 1852-1871, from the Bishop’s Transcript (except 1867 which is from the parish register).
Abodes mentioned include Allendale, Annfield Plain, Berry Edge, Blackhall Mill, Blackhill, Bradley Cottages, Broad Oak, Broom Hill, Byerside, Carr House, Cronewell, Cutlers Hall, Dean House, Derwent Cote, Derwent Hill Lodge, Dipton, East Law, Ebchester, Fines House, the Hagg, Hamsterley Hall, Hollings, Iveston, Lane Ends, Leadgate, Medomsley, Milkwell Burn, Newcastle, Newland, North Shields, Orchard House, Pear Tree, Shotley Bridge, Shotley Grove School, Snows Green, Tanfield Lea, West Law, and Westwood.
- 29 Mar 1852 Catherine Armstrong, of Tanfield Lea, daughter of James (horse keeper) & Ann Armstrong
- 17 Aug 1862 Cuthbert Harrison Surtees, of Ebchester, son of Ridley Surtees (farmer) & Mary Ann Surtees
- 27 Aug 1871 Jonathan William Raisbeck, of Cronewell, son of John (miner) & Jane Raisbeck
- 24 May 1852 Margaret Gyle, of Blackhall Mill, age: 82
- 13 Aug 1862 Margaret Forster, of Fines House, age: 27
- 18 Sep 1868 Catherine Nicholson, of Orchard House, age: 80
We now have continuous baptisms for 1610 – 1871 and burials for 1619 – 1871 at Ebchester.