At Hamsterley St. James in Auckland district: 529 baptisms and 373 burials covering 1791-1812 and 142 marriages for 1798-1812, including witnesses.
Residences mentioned besides Hamsterley include Beckside, Bedburn, Bishop Auckland, Burnley Row, Butterknowle, Copley Bent, Crane Row, Eudon Leazes, Fitches, Folly, Gaunless, Gyll Bank, Haggerlees, Hartop Mill, Help Park, High Wham, Hoppiland, Howlee, Kay’s Lee, Knave’s Mire, Low Wham, Macneal, Malings Lee, Mayland, Moorhill, Morley, Pennington Rake, Podge Hole, Pooltree, Potters Cross, Ravensford, Redford, Shipley, Shull, Snape Gate, Softley, Southside, St. Helen Auckland, Stone Chester, Streatlam, the Edge, Trow Lane, Walesfield, Wash Beck, Weather Hill, West Pitts, Witton-le-Wear, and Woodlands.
- 5 Aug 1791 Mary Armory, of Hamsterley, daughter of Jonathan & Elizabeth Armory
- 10 Mar 1799 Charles Watson, born 27 Dec 1798, 1st son of Charles Watson (taylor, native of this parish) by his wife Elizabeth Arrowsmith (native of Bernard Castle, relict of John Breaks, farmer, of the same parish)
- 27 Dec 1812 Ann Wandlass, of Hoppiland, born 20 Nov, 3rd daughter of John Wandlass (husbandman, native of Shildon) by Ann Littlefair (daughter of Peter Littlefair, native of this parish)
- 30 Apr 1798 Andrew Cowens, of the parish of Witton le Wear married Mary Linslah, of this parish, by banns
Witnesses: George Cruddace, William Sponton, Ann Cowens, Ann Linslah, Alice Herron
- 10 Nov 1810 Anthony Barker, of the parish of Cockfield married Sarah Blackett, of this parish, by banns
Witnesses: William Surtees, Jane Bell, George White
- 11 Jan 1791 Mary Wardell, of Hamsterley, supposed wife of John Wardell
- 3 Jul 1794 Dinah Mowbray, of Hamsterley, daughter of the late Aaron & Ann Mowbray, P [=poor]
- 16 Jan 1797 Mary Wilson, of Wolsingham, a poor woman who perished through the inclemency of the weather
- 1 Apr 1797 Ann Smurthwaite, of Woodlands, age: 95, wife of James Smurthwaite
- 10 Feb 1802 Mary Taylor, of Southside, age: 1, died 8 Feb, daughter of James Taylor & Tamar his wife late Sewell
- 29 Aug 1812 Mary Chapman late Wallace, of Hamsterley, age: 85, died 26 Aug, widow of Thomas Chapman (gentleman)