323 baptisms and 213 burials at Esh St. Michael in Lanchester district covering 1852-1871, from a combination of the Bishop’s Transcript and the parish register. Residences mentioned besides Esh include Biggin, Blackburn, Brancepeth, Broad Gate, Durham St. Oswald, Durham St. Margaret, Cornsay Colliery, Esh Colliery, Esh New Colliery, Esh Winning, Flass, Greenland, Hag House, Hamsteels, High Finings, Hill Top, Quebec, Red House, Rowley, Tile Sheds, Ushaw Moor, Wall Nook, and Waterhouses.
- 24 Feb 1856 Isabella Cant, of Wall Nook, daughter of John (mason) & Isabella Cant
- 7 Feb 1864 Susan Garthwaite, of Darlington, daughter of Thomas (railway guard) & Hannah Garthwaite
- 27 Aug 1871 Ambrosina Isabella Elrington, of Cornsay Colliery, child of Joseph Thomas Elrington (shoemaker) & Margaret
- 23 May 1854 Robert Fenwick, of Esh, age: 86
- 18 Jun 1864 Barbara Stringer, of [the] Parish of St Margaret, Crossgate, Durham, age: 91
- 12 Nov 1871 Jabez Walburn, of Hill Top, Esh, age: 42