931 burials at Brancepeth St. Brandon in Durham district, covering 1780-1812.
Residences mentioned include Bearpark, Biggin, Billy Hall, Billy Row, Boggle Hole, Bradley Burn & Hall, Brancepeth, Brandon, Browns Den, Burnigill, Butchers Race, Chilton, Crook, Dicken House, Durham, East Brandon, East Parks, Fell Heads, Flass, Goodwellfield, Hare Holme, Harrisons Folly, Helmington Row, Heslett House, Hill House, Hole in the Wall or Holywell, Humble Sledge, Hunwick, Ivesley, Jobs Hill, Langley & Langley Mill or Paper Mill, Lingey Close, Little Burn, Low Barns, Middles, Morley, Mown Meadows, Nafferton, New Hall (Wolsingham), Newcastle, Newfield, Ox Close, Page Bank, Pitt House, Primrose Side, Pringle House, Quarry Hill, Red Barns, Scouts House, Scripton, Sedgefield, Sleetburn Mill, South Brandon, Stand Alone, Stanley, Stob House, Stockley, Stone Chester, Sunderland, Sunny Brow, Tanners Hall, Tudhoe, Unthank, Waterhouses, West Brandon, West Parks, Wheat Bottom, White Lee, Willington, Willington Burn, and York Hill.
In the usually detail-rich 1798-1812 period, the parish clerk occasionally recorded the maiden surnames of the mothers of dead children, as he was supposed to, but he was not consistent with this practice and some burials of children include only the mother’s given name or only the father’s name.
- 4 Dec 1780 Edward Mills, of Willington, son of Mr. Henry Mills
- 23 Aug 1790 Margaret Smith, of Brancepeth, age: 80, widow of Abraham Smith
- 21 Sep 1798 Jane Starford late Wilson, of Brancepeth, age: 24, died 19 Sep, wife of Henry Starford (labourer), died of consumption
- 9 Apr 1809 Mary Wheatley, of Goodwellfield, age: 1, died 7 Apr, daughter of George Wheatley (late of Goodwellfield) & Elizabeth Patten
- 31 Dec 1811 Francis Perrot, of Tudhoe, age: 60, died 28 Dec, teacher of the French language
- 5 Sep 1812 Mary Crow, of Brancepeth Lane, age: 8, died 2 Sep, daughter of Matthew (late sargeant in the 5th Foot Regiment) & Jane Crow
We now have a complete set of baptisms, marriages, and burials at Brancepeth from the start of the parish registers in 1599 to the end of 1812, plus marriages to mid-1837.