651 baptisms and 727 burials at Norton St. Mary in Stockton district, covering 1762-1791, from the parish register with some amendments from the Bishop’s Transcript, which had a few entries that were not in the original registers.
Sample baptisms – there are very few abodes or occupations in these, and very few mothers before 1777, when mothers start to be named in most baptisms:
- 15 Apr 1762 Jane Middleton, daughter of Capt. Christopher Middleton
- 19 Dec 1777 Charlotte Kitching, born Dec 11, daughter of James Benjamin Kitching & Ann
- 3 Apr 1782 Grace Martha Johnson, daughter of Reverend George (B.D. Vicar of Norton) & Isabella Johnson (his wife)
- 16 Jan 1791 John Arrowsmith, son of Thomas & Mary Arrowsmith
Sample burials – starting in 1786, most have ages, but not all:
- 22 Feb 1762 Robert Almoney, son of Robert Almoney
- 15 Feb 1770 Christopher Middleton, Master & Commander in the Royal Navy
- 25 Feb 1784 Jane Reah, age: 106, widow, P [poor]
- 10 Jun 1791 Edward Rowell, age: 46, killed by a bull at Cowpen
- 2 Dec 1791 Martha Gowland, wife of George Gowland
The few residences mentioned include Billingham, Blakiston Hall, Durham, Hartburn, Kelloe, Portrack, Stockton, Thorpe, and Wolviston.