Replaced the Chester-le-Street baptism index for 1582-1649 with full entries so those 3,433 baptisms are now instantly available, including 4 new records we missed the first time around.
Abodes mentioned besides Chester-le-Street included Birtley, Boat House, Broom Holme, Durham City, Edmondsley, Fawside, Findon Hill, Floaters Mill, Foulbridge House, Great Lumley, Hagg, Harraton, Harraton Coal Works, Howlmire, Lambton, Lambton Coal Works, Lambton Grounds, Lambton Wood, Langley Hall, Littleburn, Lumley, Lumley Castle, Lumley Park, Marley Head, Nettlesworth, Newcastle, Ouston, Park House, Pelaw, Pelton, Picktree, Plawsworth, Pockerley, Rickleton, Sunnyside, Twizell, Urpeth, Waldridge, Wheatley Swangs, Whickham, Whitehall, Whithill Mill, and Woodstone House.
Mothers (other than unwed mothers of illegitimate children) are not mentioned except between 1633 and 1636 when some mothers are named. Abodes are mentioned in just under half of these baptisms, with no real pattern as to when they are mentioned – they seem to occur in clumps over the years; some earlier years have more baptisms with abodes than later years.
- 4 Nov 1582 Agnes Hindmers, daughter of Thomas Hindmers
- 25 Apr 1586 Robert [Ladley/Adamson], illegitimate son of Bryan Adamson (cleric) & Margaret Ladley
- 28 Aug 1603 William Hallyman, of Lumley Castle, son of Martin Hallyman
- 10 Feb 1620 Catherine Story, daughter of Luke Story
- 9 Mar 1620 Ralph [Hall/Cotsworth], illegitimate son of a stranger supposed Christopher Hall (John Cotsworth) (to a woman came from Richmond but it proved they both was servants to Mrs Lewins of Hutton in the Hole)
- 11 Oct 1635 John Peele, son of Christopher & Mary Peele
- 5 Jul 1640 George Vicars, of Edmondsley, son of Thomas Vicars
- 21 Aug 1649 Ralph Marley, of Picktree, son of Robert Marley