9,425 baptisms at Wallsend St. Peter in Tynemouth district, county of Northumberland, covering 1901-1945.
Most of these baptisms have birth dates. You will find many of the same family names in Wallsend as in Heworth, Gateshead, and Jarrow, as families moved back and forth across the river or used the parish across the river if it was more convenient or if it was their home parish. Residences mentioned in Wallsend records include Byker, Howdon, Howdon Pans, Newcastle, North Shields, Point Pleasant, Rosehill, Tynemouth, Walker (Longbenton), Wallsend, Wallsend Quay, Willington, Willington Quay, and Willington Square. Many addresses also specify if the street address is actually in one of the adjacent parishes of Willington St Mary, Howdon St Paul, or Wallsend St Luke.
- 8 Jan 1901 George Thomas Mole McMullen, of 23 Hadrian Road, Wallsend, born 18 Dec 1900, child of George Thomas McMullen (assistant staithsman) & Anne Grace McMullen
- 18 May 1907 Bessie Sarah Girdlestone, of 156 Laurel Street, born 13 Aug 1903, child of Elijah (coalman) & Amy Girdlestone, aged 3 yrs
- 8 Dec 1917 David Fiddes Cruickshanks, of 47 Holly Avenue, parish of St Luke, born 12 Nov 1917, child of David Fiddes Cruickshanks (cabinet maker) & Mary
- 26 Sep 1930 Grace McLachlan formerly Perry, of 4 South Terrace, born 19 Jun 1885, child of John Perry (joiner) & Ellen, adult baptism
[Note: Maiden name Perry, married name McLachlan.]
- 24 Nov 1945 Ethel May Scott, of 75 Holly Avenue, born 31 Oct 1945, child of William Scott ([occupation not shown]) & Ethel May Scott, R.I.P. next to William