At Easington St. Mary the Virgin in Easington district, from the earliest registers:
- 3,239 baptisms covering 1571-1700. There are no baptisms for 23 Nov 1573 – 25 Nov 1574, Feb 1584 – Jan 1591, and Jan 1591 – Oct 1591. Mothers are not named until late 1687, except for mothers of illegitimate children and a block of baptisms from 1676 to 1681. Abodes are sporadically listed. Sureties, witnesses, or godparents are shown in many baptisms from mid-1604 to early 1676.
- 756 marriages covering 1570-1700, including banns for marriages that did not take place here after the banns were called here. There are no marriages for Dec 1586 – Nov 1591. Only marriages between 1653 and 1661 have witnesses.
- 81 marriages covering 1798-1812 (all include witnesses), so we now have a continuous run of marriages here from 1798 to 1948 plus the block of 1570-1700. We will work on filling the gap from 1701 through 1797 later this year.
Abodes mentioned besides Easington include Edderacres, Eden, Fallowfield, Haswell, Haswell Grange, Hawthorne, Horden, Little Eden, Little Thorp, Pespool, Shotton, and Thorpe.
- 23 Sep 1571 Isabel Bee, daughter of George Bee
- 13 Jul 1600 Jhon Burden, son of Jhon Burden (the yonger)
- 7 Oct 1638 Xpofer [Christopher] Paxton, son of George Paxton
Godparents or Sponsors: (sureties) John Jurdison; Ann Grahame; Henry Clarke
- 22 Nov 1675 Richard Jurdison of Throston, son of William Jurdison
Godparents or Sponsors: (sureties) Richard Jurdison; John Jurdison; Mary Jurdison
- 20 Nov 1687 Dorothy Heightly of Haswell, daughter of John & Ellinor Heightly
- 1 Dec 1700 Margaret Reedhead of Shotton Watermil, daughter of Luke & Barbary Reedhead
- 10 Jan 1592 Robert Paxton (ye younger) married Alice Davison
- 20 Dec 1628 Cuthbert [Winter/Corbell], son of Cuthbert Winter & Anne Corbell
Godparents or Sponsors: (sureties) Robert Tonnge; William Hunter; Isabel Robinson
- 1 Dec 1659 Thomas Paxton of Easington & Katheren Rumphet [Rumford] of Easington, was three severall Lords Days published in ye Parish Church of Easington, and was married at Durham by Mr. Samuell Martine, clerke
Witnesses: Edward Paxton, John Pattison
- 30 May 1694 Michael Rawlin married Ann Mills of Bpp. Warmouth
- 13 Apr 1809 Christopher Shiels Mordey (bachelor) of the parish of Bishopwearmouth married Mary Thompson (spinster) of this parish, by licence
Witnesses: Abney Hopton, George Mordey