1,662 burials at Eldon St. Mark in Auckland district, from the beginning of the first register in Nov 1883 to the end of 1902. The parish of Eldon was created in 1877 from Auckland St. Andrew and Shildon St. John, but did not have its own burial ground until 1883. Abodes mentioned besides Eldon include Bishop Auckland, Black Boy, Coundon Grange, Eldon Colliery, Gurney Valley, Gurney Villa, Shildon, South Church, and Witton Park.
- 4 Feb 1887 Elizabeth Kasher, of Eldon Cottages, age: 87
- 6 Sep 1896 Christiana Garbutt, of Coundon Grange, age: 94
- 11 Dec 1902 [blank] Hopwood, of Gurney Valley, stillborn child of William & Isabel Hopwood