2,541 baptisms at St. Andrew’s church in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, covering 1813 through 1824. Abodes listed include the Newcastle parishes of All Saints, St. John, and St. Nicholas, plus the Barracks, Gateshead, Gosforth, and Kenton. A few of these have birth dates, and quite a few baptisms are for children of soldiers from various regiments stationed in Newcastle.
- 3 Jan 1813 Anne Bush, of this parish, daughter of William (private in ye Royal Artillery) & Mary Bush
- 28 Jan 1816 Mary Kennison, of [the] parish of St. John in this town, daughter of Dougal (5th Dragoon Guards) & Jane Kennison
- 11 Nov 1820 Clement Bell, of Gateshead, son of Matthew (glass maker) & Isabella Bell
- 11 Sep 1822 Henrietta Margaret Weatherly, of this parish, born 6 Apr 1816, daughter of Robert (mariner) & Elizabeth Weatherly
- 7 Nov 1824 Hannah Turner Peel, of Gosforth parish, daughter of John (pitman) & Mary Peel
The handwriting in much of this register is appallingly bad, so we hope we have not made too many transcription errors.