3,365 baptisms at St. Andrew’s church in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, covering 1840 through 1848. Abodes listed are mostly streets in Newcastle, but also include Brunton, Cox Lodge, Fawdon, Felling, Gateshead, Gosforth, Heaton, Jesmond, Kenton, Shield Field, and Spital Tongues. A few of these have birth dates, and quite a few baptisms are for children of soldiers from various regiments stationed at the Newcastle Barracks.
- 2 Jan 1840 Richard Grinsell Scanlan, of Leazes Lane, child of Edmund Scanlan (plaisterer) & Alice Matilda Scanlan
- 23 Jul 1841 Frances Ann Dixon, of Mackford’s Entry, born 17 Feb 1827, adult daughter of George (tailor) & Sarah Dixon, on her own Testimony
- 16 Dec 1844 Mary Ann [Carnaby/Burton], of Castle Garth, child of William Carnaby & Elizabeth Burton (single woman)
- 2 Feb 1845 Mary Sabina Reid, of [the] Barracks, child of John (26th Cameronians) & Elizabeth Reid
- 29 Dec 1848 Hannah Summers, of Gateshead, child of Robert (groom) & Marianne Summers