Updated 2,120 baptisms at Deaf Hill cum Langdale (St. Paul) in Easington district, from 1884 to 1909 inclusive, adding the missing abodes and fathers’ occupations and, from Dec 1895 onward, the child’s birth date. We also added 47 new baptisms to finish out 1909, and corrected any errors.
Abodes mentioned include Deaf Hill, Hurworth Bryan, Langdale, Station Town, Trimdon, Trimdon Colliery, Trimdon Foundry, Trimdon Grange, Wheatley Hill, and Wingate.
Samples – before the update:
- 28 Mar 1886 John James Clark, of Wheatley Hill, son of Sefton & Annie Clark
- 25 Jul 1897 Mary Isabella Longstaff, of Wingate Arms, daughter of William & Isabella Longstaff
- 21 May 1908 Charles Henry Ashert Ebblewhite, son of Joseph Ebblewhite & Hannah Jane Ebblewhite
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 28 Mar 1886 John James Clark, of Wheatley Hill, parish of Thornley, child of Sefton (butcher) & Annie Clark
- 25 Jul 1897 Mary Isabella Longstaff, of Wingate Arms, Deaf Hill, born 7 Jul 1897, child of William (butcher) & Isabella Longstaff
- 21 May 1908 Charles Henry Ashert Ebblewhite, of Church St., born 19 Apr, child of Joseph Ebblewhite (engineman) & Hannah Jane Ebblewhite
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism at this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations and abodes. We are thrilled to be done with one more parish!