We have updated 1,170 baptisms at Monk Hesleden St. Mary in Easington district with the occupations of the fathers and some abodes that had been omitted, from 1882 to 1948 inclusive. We also added one baptism we’d missed, and made minor error corrections.
Monk Hesleden served residents of Benridge, Blackhall Colliery, Blue House, Castle Eden Colliery, Filpoke, Hardwick Hall, Hart Bushes, High Hesleden, Hulam, Hutton Henry, Mickle Hill, Monk Hesleden, Nesbit, Sheraton, South Wingate, Station Town, and Wingate.
Samples – before the update:
- 14 May 1882 Sarah Jane Longstaff, child of George & Dorothy Longstaff
- 26 Mar 1893 Frederick William Skaife, child of Alfred Skaife & Mary Ann Skaife
- 13 Sep 1903 Ada Snowdon, child of William Joseph Snowdon & Sarah Jane Snowdon
- 3 Mar 1918 May Bolton, child of John Bolton & Mary Elizabeth Bolton
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 14 May 1882 Sarah Jane Longstaff, of Hart Bushes, child of George (joiner) & Dorothy Longstaff
- 26 Mar 1893 Frederick William Skaife, of Nesbit, Hart, child of Alfred Skaife (hind) & Mary Ann Skaife
- 13 Sep 1903 Ada Snowdon, of Sheraton, child of William Joseph Snowdon (shepherd) & Sarah Jane Snowdon
- 3 Mar 1918 May Bolton, of 18 East St., Blackhall, child of John Bolton (electrical engineer) & Mary Elizabeth Bolton
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism at this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations and abodes. We are now done with this parish, hurray!