Updated 1,993 baptisms at Seaham Harbour St. John from 1845 to the end of 1860, adding the child’s birth date, father’s occupation, abode, and any other information that had previously been omitted. We also added 48 baptisms in 1859 that got skipped the first time around.
Samples before the update:
- 12 Mar 1851 William Thomas Watson, son of John & Mary Watson
- 04 Mar 1855 Ann Oakes, daughter of Margaret Oakes
- 08 Oct 1854 Dorothy Mary Green, daughter of Samuel John Green & Martha Green
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 12 Mar 1851 William Thomas Watson, of Seaham Harbour, born 26 Feb, son of John (grocer) & Mary Watson
- 04 Mar 1855 Ann Oakes, of Seaham Harbour, born 29 Dec 1854, illegitimate daughter of Margaret Oakes (widow)
- 08 Oct 1854 Dorothy Mary Green, of Seaham Harbour, born 12 Mar 1853, daughter of Samuel John Green (engineer) & Martha Green, usual residence of parents, Foleshill in the County of Warwick – Angus Bethune
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism at this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases. If you sort by the Modified column, records that have been changed in this update will appear at the top of the list.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations, abodes, and sometimes birth dates.