At Dunston Christ Church in Gateshead district:
- 1,886 baptisms spanning 1916-1925. We now have baptisms here for 1872-1925.
- 1,305 burials spanning 1911-1962. We now have burials here for 1876-1962.
Most residences listed are street addresses in Dunston, but a few mention Gateshead, High Teams, and Newcastle.
Nearly all the baptisms give the child’s birth date, which is unusual for this period. Here are some samples:
- 2 Jan 1916 Winifred Sarah Rickwood, of 17 Victoria Street, born 14 Dec 1915, child of Bertram (boiler erector) & Jessie Rickwood
- 1 Jun 1919 Robert Martin Butters Bolam, of 5 Stokoe Square, born 13 May 1919, child of Ralph Bolam (waggon examiner) & Mary Ann Bolam
Godparents are listed from July 1923 to the end of 1925:
- 10 Oct 1923 Thomas Henderson Goulbourn, of West View House, born 19 Sep 1923, child of George Henderson Goulbourn (boiler fireman) & Florence Goulbourn
Godparents or Sponsors: Mrs. Noble
- 26 Aug 1925 Ernest Alfred Cook, of 7 Athol Street, born 20 Aug 1925, child of Alfred (chief engineer) & Jennie Cook, private baptism
Godparents or Sponsors: Charles Wilson & Mary Isabella Wilson
(To observe the 100-year privacy rule and avoid publishing the birth dates of persons who might still be alive, the 2 examples immediately above are infants who died in their first year.)
- 12 Jan 1911 Cuthbert Coulthard, of 37 Spurr Terrace, age: 64, buried without the rites of the Church under the Burials Act 1880
- 14 Sep 1916 Henry McKenry, of 20 Collingwood St., age: 31, wounded in France, died Manchester Military Hospital
- 27 May 1918 Mary Hannah Stead, of Victoria Street, age: 34, died at Gateshead Workhouse Infirmary
- 6 Dec 1927 Eli Whitfield, of Atlas Villas, age: 59
- 13 May 1941 Jane Bainbridge, of 24 Keppel St., Dunston, age: 81
- 27 Jan 1962 Mary Annie Broadbent, of 84 Ravensworth Road, Dunston, age: 78