Updated 2,121 baptisms at Seaham Harbour St. John, spanning 1861-1870, adding the child’s birth date, father’s occupation, abode, and any other information that had previously been omitted.
Samples before the update:
- 13 Jul 1862 Aaron Booth, child of George Booth & Mary Jane Booth
- 13 Aug 1862 Alexander White, child of Alexander White & Mary Ann White
- 26 May 1867 Mary Jane Laws, child of John & Hannah Laws
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 13 Jul 1862 Aaron Booth, of 12 Tempest Place, child of George Booth (mariner) & Mary Jane Booth
- 13 Aug 1862 Alexander White, of North John Street, Seaham Harbour, born 28 Jul 1862, child of Alexander White (boilersmith) & Mary Ann White
- 26 May 1867 Mary Jane Laws, of New Cottages, Seaham Harbour, child of John (miner) & Hannah Laws, private baptism – died May 26th same day
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism at this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases. If you sort by the Modified column, records that have been changed in this update will appear at the top of the list.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations, abodes, and sometimes birth dates.