Updated 2,415 baptisms at Seaham Harbour St. John in Easington district, spanning 1871-1880, adding the child’s birth date, father’s occupation, abode, and any other information that had previously been omitted. From April 1878 onward, most baptisms gave the child’s birth date. This register does not give the child’s gender (i.e. son/daughter), so we have used “child” as the designator.
Samples before the update:
- 08 Mar 1871 Ethel Ella Jane Anderson, child of George & Jane Anderson
- 08 Dec 1875 John Cruddas, child of Isabella Cruddas
- 01 May 1878 Mary Ann Hinds, child of Thomas & Ellen Hinds
- 01 Dec 1880 Lydia Wilson Wood, child of William Wood & Mary Ann Wood
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 08 Mar 1871 Ethel Ella Jane Anderson, of Seaham Cottages, child of George (engine driver) & Jane Anderson
- 08 Dec 1875 John Cruddas, of Back South Railway St., Seaham Harbour, child of Isabella Cruddas (single woman)
- 01 May 1878 Mary Ann Hinds, of Murton, born 12 Dec 1877, child of Thomas (miner) & Ellen Hinds
- 01 Dec 1880 Lydia Wilson Wood, of Church St., Seaham Harbour, born 9 Apr 1880, child of William Wood (engine fitter) & Mary Ann Wood
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism at this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases. If you sort by the Modified column, records that have been changed in this update will appear at the top of the list.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations, abodes, and sometimes birth dates.