Updated 896 baptisms on the Wingate Primitive Methodist Circuit in Easington district, spanning 1877-1900. We added the child’s birth date, father’s occupation, abode if it was missing, and any other information that had previously been omitted. Nearly all of these baptisms gave the child’s birth date. This register does not give the child’s gender (i.e. son/daughter), so we have used “child” as the designation.
Samples before the update:
- 27 Oct 1888 Harriet Bissett, of Castle Eden Colliery, child of William & Charlotte Bissett
- 26 Apr 1892 Isabella Cookson, child of George & Elizabeth Cookson
- 22 Feb 1900 James Forbes, child of John Forbes & Mary Isabella Forbes
and the same baptisms after the update:
- 27 Oct 1888 Harriet Bissett, of Castle Eden Colliery, born 6 Oct, child of William (labourer) & Charlotte Bissett
- 26 Apr 1892 Isabella Cookson, of Trunk Row, Haswell Colliery, born 8 Apr 1892, child of George (miner) & Elizabeth Cookson
- 22 Feb 1900 James Forbes, of Trimdon Grange, born 4 Sep 1898, child of John Forbes (miner) & Mary Isabella Forbes
If a major change, such as a name or date, was made to a record you purchased, an email has already been sent to you with the correction. Otherwise, if you have purchased a baptism from this church in this period, you should review it to get the new information and see if any other minor changes were made. Log in, click My Account, then click the My Orders tab to see your purchases. If you sort by the Modified column, records that have been changed in this update will appear at the top of the list.
This is part of our mission to update our Easington-district baptisms that are missing occupations, abodes, and birth dates. We are now working on the rest of this register.